“It felt amazing going over the finishing line, knowing I did it for my dad Bernie.”
Roisin Love, Glasgow
If you would like raise money for The Prince & Princess of Wales Hospice by doing a 5k like Roisin here are some tips..
1. Find an event and a group of friends to run with. Think about the fitness levels of those getting involved – will everyone be able to finish the route, whether walking, jogging or running?
2. Team effort. Set up a team and train together. Share tips and experiences on a group Facebook page. Think of a fun name for the team and use it on t-shirts and fundraising.
3. Bring the money in. Set up a JustGiving page. Share the news about the fun run on social media, with photos and videos of training, and finish every post with a link to donate.
4. Spread the word. Do you have an interesting story? Are you raising money for the hospice in memory of a loved one? Contact the local media and tell them. Use our promotional tools to help.
5. Talk to our fundraising team – if you need anymore information call or email us and we’ll give you our full support.
6. Remember to...have a great time!