“Getting all the family together to take part in Bubble Rush was great fun, and a wonderful way to remember my dad Jamie.”
1. Find an event that appeals to you. Think about the fitness levels of those getting involved – will everyone be able to finish the route, whether walking, jogging or running?
2. Encourage everyone to get involved. You could set up a team and train together, bringing all your family and friends together.
3. Share tips and experiences on a group Facebook page. Think of a fun name for the team and use it on t-shirts and fundraising.
4. Bring the money in. Set up a JustGiving page or use ours. Share the news about the fun run on social media, with photos and videos of training, and finish every post with a link to donate. Use our promotional tools to help.
4. Spread the word. Do you have an interesting story? Are you raising money for the hospice in memory of a loved one? Contact the local media and tell them.
5. As well as training for the event, think about what you will all do on the big day – find a theme and dress up? Make a day of it and have a picnic afterwards with friends who have come along to support you?
6. Talk to our great fundraising team – if you need anymore information call or email us and we’ll give you our full support.
7. Remember to.. have a great time!