“If you’re thinking about fundraising for The Prince & Princess of Wales Hospice, do it! You will be helping a wonderful place, while keeping memories of your loved one alive.”
1. Get organised. Decide on what kind of sports event you want to put on. Where you want to put it on. Who is going to take part. How much will it cost. How you are going to run the event on the day, and what support you will need to deliver your fantastic event.
2. Build enthusiasm and pitch the idea to others. Getting other people to join in halves the work load and doubles the fun.
3. Tell everyone about it. Use social and local media. Talk to people about the hospice and your reasons for putting on the event. Use our promotional tools to help spread the word.
4. Raise the money – sell food and drink, get sponsorships from local businesses, charge a small competitors fee, and a match entry fee.
6. Congratulate the team – say thank you with medals and trophies, for individual skills and for team effort.
7. Think health and safety – make sure you have the necessary legal requirements for everything, covering venue hire, insurance, food and hygiene.
8. Talk to our fundraising teams – if you need more information call or email us and we’ll give you our full support.
9. Remember to... have a great time!