Prize Draw - Buy a Brick
Winner of the Buy a Brick car prize draw, a Dacia Sandero 1.2 car, with metallic paint and a current list price of £7,290 from Lookers, is: Young, East Renfrewshire
Promoter: The Prince & Princess of Wales Hospice (“PPWH”), 71 Carlton Place, Glasgow G5 9TD. Registered Scottish Charity No. SC012372.
Responsible person: Iain Somerville (Director of Finance & Administration).
Terms & Conditions;
- This Prize Draw is run in accordance with the guidelines of the Direct Marketing Association and the Code of Advertising Practice.
- The Closing Date for entries will be 12.00 noon on 1st March 2017 (the “Closing Date”).
- Entry into the draw will constitute acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Supporters may enter the draw:
- By submitting a written entry by post or hand delivery to:
The Prince & Princess of Wales Hospice, 71 Carlton Place, Glasgow G5 9TD
Download an entry form in PDF format here.
Or complete an entry form online here and once complete click subscribe.
2. Electronically via the PPWH website at: https://www.princeandprincessofwaleshospice.org.uk/donate
3. Text BRICK to 70660. Texts cost £5.
- Entry is open to UK residents over 18 years of age at the date of entry.
- No purchase or donation is necessary for entry into the draw.
- Entrants must provide a valid personal address including house number, street, postal town and postcode or a valid personal mobile phone number, these contact details being required to enable PPWH to contact the winner of the draw.
- All purchasers of a brick (before the Closing Date) through the PPWH Buy a Brick Appeal Campaign will be automatically granted one entry in the draw for each £5 brick purchased, subject to the overall individual limit as per clause 10. below.
- Notwithstanding the terms of clause 8.. above, no individual shall be entitled to more than 50 entries in the Buy a Brick Car Prize Draw.
- Participants shall not be entitled to receive any prize unless they can substantiate that they comply with the above terms 2. through Entries not submitted in accordance with the rules, illegible, incomplete or altered entries, will be disqualified. Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of delivery.
- The Buy a Brick Car Prize Draw will have one (1) prize, a Dacia Sandero 1.2 car, with metallic paint and a current list price of £7,290, the details for which will be printed on the promotional material provided. PPWH retains the right to vary this prize at any time. Entrants will be notified as to any change in the prize structure, via the Hospice, the Hospice Shops and the Hospice Website.
- The promotional material provided forms part of these Terms & Conditions.
- No alternative prize(s) will be offered, no interest is payable and the prize is not transferable.
- Each entry will be allocated a unique draw number. The winner will be electronically selected at random by 5.00pm on 8th March 2017, from all of the valid entries received on or before the Closing Date.
- The winner’s name, photographs and comments may be used by PPWH and any sponsor of the draw for the purposes of reasonable publicity without further reference, payment or other compensation. In the event that the draw entry by the winner is substantiated solely by a mobile phone number, the winner shall be obliged to provide full address details as per Clause 7. above.
- As soon as reasonably practical, the winner’s surname and postal town will be published on the PPWH Website and will be available by contacting The Prince & Princess of Wales Hospice Switchboard (telephone 0141 429 5599, Monday-Friday 9.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.), from 9th March 2017.
- If the prize remains unclaimed after reasonable efforts have been made to contact the winner during a period of one month following the draw, an alternative winner will be randomly selected.
- PPWH reserves the right to decline to accept an entry, cancel an existing entry and/or award the prize to an alternative winner if PPWH has grounds to believe that a participant has breached any of these terms and conditions, acted fraudulently or illegally, or on other reasonable grounds, and PPWH shall have no liability to participants for any loss or damage suffered arising from its exercising such rights.
- PPWH may (without giving reason or notice at its sole discretion) modify, terminate or suspend the Buy a Brick Car Prize Draw.
- PPWH may amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any significant changes shall be notified via the Hospice the Hospice Shops and the Hospice Website.
- Decisions made by PPWH pursuant to these terms and conditions shall, once made, be final and binding.
- No liability is accepted for:
- any loss or damage, including the right to receive the prize, suffered by any participant if they have not complied with these terms and conditions or any relevant participation instructions;
- the loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication or entry, or which is damaged or illegible, from which the participant or winner cannot be identified or which has insufficient postage (proof of posting is not proof of receipt);
- failure by or inability of PPWH to contact a participant and/or award the prize due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details provided or a participant’s failure to update these if they change;
- loss or damage incurred by any participant in connection with their participation in the Buy a Brick Car Prize Draw or their use of the prize, including but not limited to, direct, indirect and/or consequential loss, or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize or any part of it;
- any interruptions or errors on or to the Website; technical hardware or software errors or failures or lost, faulty or unavailable network connections; or
- any failure or delay which is beyond PPWH’s reasonable control.
- PPWH shall not be liable in contract, damages (including but not limited to negligence) or otherwise, in connection with the Buy a Brick Car Prize Draw for loss of revenue, contract, profits, anticipated savings or loss of data, any special or indirect or consequential losses or any loss of goodwill or reputation.
- All warranties, conditions or guarantees relating to the Buy a Brick Car Prize Draw made by or on behalf of PPWH whether express or implied by law, in the course of dealings or otherwise, are excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- Subject to the terms of clause 23, the liability of PPWH to any participant shall be limited to the amount of any prize which has become due to that participant.
- The Prince & Princess of Wales Hospice will use participants’ information for the purposes of administering the Buy a Brick Car Prize Draw and it will be shared with PPWH’s agents to the extent necessary for the Buy a Brick Car Prize Draw to be administered and the prize to be delivered to the winner and for sending participants information regarding its work and other fundraising opportunities. For more information about how PPWH uses personal data, see:
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by Scottish law. The courts of Scotland shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Buy a Brick Car Prize Draw or these Terms and Conditions.
- PPWH only wishes support for its Buy a Brick Car Prize Draw where participants take part responsibly. If you feel you have a problem with gambling please visit Gamble Aware’s website for help and advice at gambleaware.co.uk, or contact the GamCare National Helpline between 8.00 am and midnight on 0808 8020 133.